Linguini With Anchovy And Caper Sauce
|Flat anchovy fillets||8|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and cut in half|
|Capers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Pitted black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Soak the anchovy filets in cool water for 30 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and chop finely. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat the oil and saute the garlic until it turns to a light brown. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and discard.
3. To the skillet, add the capers, olives, parsley, water, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
4. Add the anchovies to the skillet and, with a wooden spoon, stir until the anchovies dissolve into the olive oil sauce.
5. Cook the linguini until al dente, drain, and transfer to a warm bowl. Pour the sauce overall, toss lightly, and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2928 Calories from Fat 1330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g233%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.1 mg16.4%
Sodium 5922.4 mg246.8%
Total Carbohydrates 352 g117.4%
Dietary Fiber 40.8 g163.4%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 73 g146.5%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 59.1% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet