1. Soak the anchovy filets in cool water for 30 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and chop finely. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, heat the oil and saute the garlic until it turns to a light brown. Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and discard.
3. To the skillet, add the capers, olives, parsley, water, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
4. Add the anchovies to the skillet and, with a wooden spoon, stir until the anchovies dissolve into the olive oil sauce.
5. Cook the linguini until al dente, drain, and transfer to a warm bowl. Pour the sauce overall, toss lightly, and serve immediately.