Crispy, fried perch coated in almond slices and drizzled with a balsamic reduction sauce.
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
3 Large, lightly beaten
2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced
White fish fillet
1 1⁄2 Pound (perch/ tilapia)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Tablespoon (red current)
1. In a wide mouthed dish/ plate, put the flour. Set aside.
2. In a wide dish, break the eggs and lightly beat them. Set aside.
3. In a wide bowl, put the almond slices and set aside.
4. In a deep frying pan, heat oil to very hot.
5. Take a fillet of perch, dredge it in flour, roll it in egg and coat it with almond slices.
6. Put it carefully in the hot oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
7. Transfer them on to paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. Repeat this with all the remaining fillets.
9. In another pan, pour the balsamic vinegar and bring it to boil. Simmer till it reduces to half.
10. Put the red current jelly and simmer for a few more minutes till well combined.
11. In a serving platter, arrange the fried fish, drizzle the balsamic reduction generously all over it. Serve it hot with choice of side like rice, mashed potatoes or salad.
Robin is at Lake Erie, Ohio and she has found some fresh perch to prepare for a meal. In the video, she cooks the lovely perch over a boat and impresses her hosts to the T. Watch the video and prepare the crunchy perch which is served with a sweet and sour reduction.