Salmon Steaks With Scallion
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salmon steaks||2 (3/4 Inch To 1 Inch Thick)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1. Trim the scallions and wash them well. Dry and cut lengthwise into quarters and then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, add the scallions, and cook over medium heat until they are golden, turning with a spatula as they cook.
3. Place the salmon steaks on the scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with basil and add vinegar. Cover and steam for 4 minutes, moving the salmon steaks twice with a spatula but not turning them.
4. Uncover and saute the steaks for several minutes to reduce the pan juices. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for about 2 minutes longer, or until the fish flakes easily.
5. Remove the salmon and scallions to a warm platter. Add the rice to skillet and quickly stir-fry in the pan juices. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1058 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165 mg55%
Sodium 541 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 68 g136.8%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 34.1%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet