Salmon Steaks With Scallion
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salmon steaks||2 (3/4 Inch To 1 Inch Thick)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1. Trim the scallions and wash them well. Dry and cut lengthwise into quarters and then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, add the scallions, and cook over medium heat until they are golden, turning with a spatula as they cook.
3. Place the salmon steaks on the scallions. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with basil and add vinegar. Cover and steam for 4 minutes, moving the salmon steaks twice with a spatula but not turning them.
4. Uncover and saute the steaks for several minutes to reduce the pan juices. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for about 2 minutes longer, or until the fish flakes easily.
5. Remove the salmon and scallions to a warm platter. Add the rice to skillet and quickly stir-fry in the pan juices. Sprinkle with lemon juice.