Grilled Stuffed Bluefish
|Bluefish/Striped bass||3 1⁄2 Pound, dressed|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Green onions||3 , minced|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing.
2. With vegetable peeler or fish scaler, remove any scales from fish. Cut 3 or 4 crosswise slashes, about 1/2 inch deep, on each side of fish. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
3. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter or margarine (3/4 stick). Add mushrooms and green onions; cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomato, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 tea spoon thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Place fish on double thickness of heavy-duty foil; spoon mushroom mixture into fish cavity; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; dot with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine 1/4 stick). Wrap fish tightly with foil, being careful seam is folded several times to seal in juices;
5. Place foil-wrapped fish on grill over medium coals; cook 30 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Place fish on warm large platter. Discard toothpicks; pour juices in foil over fish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2636 Calories from Fat 870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.7%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1001.1 mg333.7%
Sodium 2291.6 mg95.5%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 338 g676%
Vitamin A 198.3% Vitamin C 94.2%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 90.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet