Salmon Steaks With Watercress Sauce
|Green onion||1 , sliced|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Salmon||4 Small (Each 1/2 Inch Thick)|
1. In 2-quart casserole or bowl, place butter or margarine and onion; cover with casserole lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes, until onion is tender.
2. Into mixture in casserole, stir half-and-half, then cornstarch, sugar, and salt until blended. Cook at high 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes, until sauce thickens and boils and is smooth.
3. Rinse and drain watercress; remove tough stems to make 3 cups lightly packed watercress sprigs. To mixture in casserole, add watercress, lemon juice, and hot-pepper sauce. Cover and cook at high 1 1/2 minutes or until watercress wilts.
4. Pour watercress mixture into blender container. Cover (with center part of blender cover removed) and blend at high speed until mixture is very smooth.
5. Place salmon steaks in 12" by 8" baking dish; cover with waxed paper. Cook at medium high (70% power) 6 to 7 minutes just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, rotating dish a half turn after 4 minutes. Serve salmon steaks with watercress sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7506 Calories from Fat 2311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 258 g396.2%
Saturated Fat 65.3 g326.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3261.4 mg1087.1%
Sodium 5570.3 mg232.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1203 g2405.6%
Vitamin A 245% Vitamin C 94.4%
Calcium 104.7% Iron 259.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet