Stuffed Whole Fish
|Dressed whitefish/Other whole fish||1 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Grated onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned croutons||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash fish and pat dry.
2. Melt butter in a 2-cup glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at High).
3. Brush inside of fish with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons melted butter and onion in a 1-quart glass casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 2 minutes at High.
5. Add croutons to onion and butter and stir. Fill cavity of fish with stuffing. Lace cavity closed using wooden picks and string.
6. Brush fish with remaining melted butter. Shield head and tail with pieces of aluminum foil.
7. Put fish on a microwave-oven-safe platter. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 7 to 9 minutes at Medium-High, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; turn fish over and rotate dish one-half turn once. Or if using Temperature Probe, insert just above the gill into the meatiest area parallel to backbone (be sure it does not touch foil around head). Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven set at 140°F and at Medium-High.