Summertime is a great time for fresh fish on the menu. Chef John Maxwell had come up with a delicious recipe for fresh rockfish, with Virginia Grown blueberries.
For the fish
6 Ounce, about 1 inch thick
Salt and pepper
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
For the salsa
1 Cup (16 tbs), precooked
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Red wine vinegar
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
Red bell pepper
1⁄2 Medium, diced
1 Medium, diced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked
1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
1. For the fish: On a chopping board, place the rockfish, add olive oil, season it with salt and pepper. Rub it well.
2. In a saucepan on medium high, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, place the rockfish skin side up and sear it for 15 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and crisp.
3. For the salsa: In a wide bottomed pan, heat oil, add shallots and sweat them in the oil for a few seconds. Pour in the white wine and mix.
4. Stir in the fennel, garlic, red pepper and corn. Mix well and cook on low heat.
5. Stir in the blueberries, mix well and cook it for 2 minutes on medium heat.
6. Pour in red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Mix well and cook it for another minute.
7. After 1 minute, switch off heat and get ready to serve.
8. On a serving plate, add the saffron rice, place the pan seared fish on one side of the plate and spoon the fennel, corn and blueberry salsa over the fish.
9. Serve this pan seared rockfish garnished with fennel flowers
Hot weather calls for eating light meals. Watch this impressive video that shares an excellent recipe for a delicious rockfish and blueberry salsa with fresh summer vegetables. The chef presents the recipe so well that it makes the video interesting to watch and great to try out this summer.