Rockfish With Blueberry Salsa
|For the fish|
|Rockfish fillets||6 Ounce, about 1 inch thick|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the salsa|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs), precooked|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Fennel bulb||1 Medium, diced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Saffron rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Fennel flower||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
1. For the fish: On a chopping board, place the rockfish, add olive oil, season it with salt and pepper. Rub it well.
2. In a saucepan on medium high, heat oil. Once the oil is hot, place the rockfish skin side up and sear it for 15 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and crisp.
3. For the salsa: In a wide bottomed pan, heat oil, add shallots and sweat them in the oil for a few seconds. Pour in the white wine and mix.
4. Stir in the fennel, garlic, red pepper and corn. Mix well and cook on low heat.
5. Stir in the blueberries, mix well and cook it for 2 minutes on medium heat.
6. Pour in red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Mix well and cook it for another minute.
7. After 1 minute, switch off heat and get ready to serve.
8. On a serving plate, add the saffron rice, place the pan seared fish on one side of the plate and spoon the fennel, corn and blueberry salsa over the fish.
9. Serve this pan seared rockfish garnished with fennel flowers
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34 mg11.3%
Sodium 665 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 5% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet