I served this Clear Simmered Fish with another main dish and everyone savored it, including my husband who can't stand Fish. Clear Simmered Fish does account for any tasty meal any time of the day. So why not try it out?
4 Cup (64 tbs)
Fresh ginger root slices
1. Have fish cleaned and scaled, but left whole. Rinse in cold water and score on both sides.
2. Bring water to a vigorous boil in a large pan. Gently lower fish into pan. Bring to a boil again; then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat. Turn off heat and let stand 10 minutes more without removing lid.
3. Meanwhile combine soy sauce, sherry and salt. Mince scallions and ginger root.
4. Transfer fish to a warm serving platter. Sprinkle with soy mixture; then top with minced ingredients.
5. Heat oil to smoking and pour over fish.