Deep Fried Marinated Fish
|Fish||3 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||3|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Bone fish and cut crosswise in 11/2 inch sections.
2. Mince scallion, ginger root and garlic; then combine with soy sauce, sherry, sugar, salt, pepper, and sesame oil. Add to fish sections and let stand 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. Drain fish, discarding marinade; then blot dry with paper toweling. Meanwhile heat oil.
4. Add fish, a few pieces at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. In a saucepan, combine remaining soy sauce, salt and sugar with stock. Bring to a boil.
6. Add fish sections and cook over moderate heat, stirring gently until sauce has nearly evaporated.