This Deep Fried Small Marinated Fish recipe is one which has been in my family forever. Again, Deep Fried Small Marinated Fish is something which I make again and again. A really yummy Chinese dish!
Fresh ginger root
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)
1. Have fish cleaned, but left whole.
2. Slice ginger root; then combine with soy sauce, sherry and star anise. Add to fish and let stand 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Drain fish, discarding marinade; then blot dry with paper toweling. Meanwhile heat oil.
4. Add fish, several at a time, and deep-fry until crisp and golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Let cool; then refrigerate to chill. Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.