Pan Fried Sweet And Pungent Fish
|Sweet and pungent sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce
2. Clean and score fish as in step 1 of Basic Braised Soy Fish.
3. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then coat fish well with it.
4. Heat oil very hot. Hold fish by the head over pan and baste with hot oil until the flesh exposed by scoring is well browned.
5. Gently lower fish into pan and fry on both sides, over medium heat, until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper toweling. Then transfer to a warm serving platter.
6. Reheat sweet-and-pungent sauce. Pour over fish and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2273 Calories from Fat 1078
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.7%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471.7 mg157.2%
Sodium 1162.1 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 50.8 g
Protein 181 g362%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet