I love this Pan Fried Sweet And Pungent Fish with lots of sauce. I always do prefer recipes which do not call for much of hard-work and the Pan Fried Sweet And Pungent Fish recipe is exactly one like that. Simple and easy!
Sweet and pungent sauce
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Pound (1 Piece)
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce
2. Clean and score fish as in step 1 of Basic Braised Soy Fish.
3. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then coat fish well with it.
4. Heat oil very hot. Hold fish by the head over pan and baste with hot oil until the flesh exposed by scoring is well browned.
5. Gently lower fish into pan and fry on both sides, over medium heat, until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper toweling. Then transfer to a warm serving platter.
6. Reheat sweet-and-pungent sauce. Pour over fish and serve.