Deep Fried Fish Sections With Vegetables
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger slice||2|
|Fish||2 Pound (About 1 Piece)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Slice bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms. Cut scallion stalk in 1/2 inch sections. Crush ginger root.
3. Prepare fish as in steps 1 through 4 of Basic Deep-fried Fish (in Pieces), above. Keep warm.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then scallion sections and ginger root; stir-fry a few times.
5. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots; stir-fry 2 minutes more.
6. Add stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over fish and serve.