Deep Fried Marinated Fish Fillets With Sesame Seeds
|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Fresh ginger slice||2|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut fish fillets in narrow strips.
2. Mince onion and ginger root; then combine with sherry, sugar and salt.
3. Add to fish strips and let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding marinade.
4. Beat egg lightly; then blend in cornstarch and flour to make a batter. Dip fish strips in batter; then roll in sesame seeds to coat. Meanwhile heat oil.
5. Add fish strips, several at a time, and deep-fry until golden (less than a minute). Drain on paper toweling and serve at once.