Deep Fried Marinated Sweet And Pungent Fish
|Fish||2 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet and pungent sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Used For Deep Frying)|
1. Have fish cleaned and scaled, then split.
2. Mince onion and ginger root; then combine with salt, pepper, soy sauce and sherry. Rub mixture over fish, inside and out. Let stand 30 minutes.
3. Dredge fish lightly in cornstarch. Let stand 5 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce Keep warm.
5. Heat oil. Add fish and deep-fry, turning and basting, until golden. Drain on paper toweling. Then transfer to a serving platter.