Pan Fried Fish Fillets With Pineapple
|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced pineapple||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cut fish fillets against the grain in l inch strips.
2. Mince scallion; then combine with soy sauce, sherry and salt. Add fish strips and let stand 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain fish, discarding marinade.
3. Beat eggs lightly and blend with cornstarch to a batter. Dip fish strips in batter to coat. (Reserve excess batter.)
4. Drain canned pineapple. Combine juice in a saucepan with excess batter. Cut pineapple slices in quarters and add.
5. Heat oil in a skillet. Brown fish strips lightly on both sides. Transfer to a serving platter.
6. Meanwhile cook pineapple-batter mixture over medium heat, stirring until it thickens. Pour over fish strips and serve.