Deep Fried Fish Fillets With Vinegar Sauce
|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Ginger root slice||1 (Use Fresh)|
|Fresh ginger slice||1|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut fish fillets in 1/2 by 1 1/2 inch strips. Mince ginger root and scallion.
2. Combine egg white, cornstarch, sherry and salt. Add to fish strips and toss gently to coat.
3. Meanwhile heat oil. Add fish, several strips at a time, and deep-fry, stirring constantly, until pale golden (about 1 minute). Drain on paper toweling.
4. Bring stock to a boil in another pan; then add sugar, vinegar, minced ginger and scallion.
5. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold stock to a paste. Then stir in to thicken sauce. Add fish strips, stirring in briefly to reheat
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 998 Calories from Fat 511
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 302.3 mg100.8%
Sodium 1881.8 mg78.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 89 g177.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet