Deep Fried Fishballs And Chinese Cabbage
|Chinese cabbage head||1|
|Ginger root slice||2|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Stock||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut Chinese cabbage in 2-inch sections. Crush ginger root.
2. Prepare fishballs from any of the mixtures above.
3. Heat oil to bubbling. Add fishballs, a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add ginger root and stir-fry a few times. Add Chinese cabbage and stir-fry until tender but still crisp. Transfer to a warm serving platter and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place fishballs on top.
5. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat stock. Stir in sherry and soy sauce and heat; then add sugar, pepper, and remaining salt.
6. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over fishballs and cabbage and serve.