Pan Fried Fish Fillets With Eggs
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ginger root slices||3|
1. Cut fish fillets across the grain in 1 1/2 inch sections.
2. Beat eggs lightly with salt. Gradually fold in cornstarch, blending until smooth.
3. Dip fish strips in mixture to coat. (Reserve excess egg mixture.)
4. Mince scallion and ginger root. Add to remaining egg mixture, along with sherry, water and remaining salt. Mix well.
5. Heat oil almost to smoking. Add fish strips and brown lightly (about 2 minutes on each side).
6. Add scallion-egg mixture (restir it first). Cook, stirring, over moderate heat until sauce thickens and is smooth. (Turn fish gently several times.)
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1494 Calories from Fat 798
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.6%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1084.4 mg361.5%
Sodium 1885.9 mg78.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 140 g279.5%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet