Deep Fried Fish With Vegetables
|Dried black mushrooms||6|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger root slices||2|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Head of lettuce||1⁄2|
|Fish||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Shred bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, Chinese cabbage and soaked mushrooms.
3. Mince ginger root; then combine with sherry, water, soy sauce and pepper.
4. Blend cornstarch, sugar, remaining soy sauce and water to a paste.
5. Shred lettuce and arrange on a serving platter.
6. Deep-fry whole fish as in Basic Deep-fried Fish (whole), above. Drain on paper toweling. Keep warm.
7. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then shredded vegetables. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
8. Add ginger-sherry mixture and stir-fry 1 minute more.
9. Add stock and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
10. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Place fish on lettuce bed. Pour thickened sauce over and serve, garnished with parsley.