Braised Fish Stuffed With Pork
|Fish||2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ginger root slices||5|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare fish as in steps 1 and 2 of Basic Braised Soy Fish.
2. Mince or grind pork and mince scallion; then combine with cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry and sugar. Extract ginger juice and blend in. Stuff mixture into fish cavity.
3. In a large, deep pan, heat oil until nearly smoking. Add fish and brown on both sides. Remove fish; drain oil from pan.
4. Crush garlic; mince ginger root; cut leek in 1/2 inch sections. Then add to pan with water and remaining sugar and soy sauce; bring to a boil.
5. Return fish and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Carefully turn fish over and simmer, covered, 10 minutes more.