Pike Or Carp Stuffed With Anchovies
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pike/Other white fish||3 Pound (With Milt And Liver)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Grated fresh bread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Basting)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut half the anchovies in thin strips. Lard the fish with strips of anchovy.
2. Chop or mash remaining anchovies; cream with 2 tablespoons of butter. Divide in half.
3. For stuffing, beat egg yolks. Chop liver. Combine grated bread, egg yolks, milt, and liver. Add half of anchovy butter; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks are formed; fold into bread mixture.
4. Fill cavity of fish with stuffing. Close cavity with skewers or wooden picks. Place fish in roasting pan. Drizzle with half the melted butter.
5. Bake at 350°F 30 minutes. Baste with remaining anchovy butter over fish. Top with sour cream. Continue baking until fish is tender and flakes easily.