Smoked Fish With Soy Sauce
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root slices||1|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Have fish cleaned (but not boned) and cut in 6 pieces, each about 3 by 4 inches.
2. Sprinkle with salt, sherry and soy sauce, and let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile mince ginger root; cut scallion stalk in 1/2 inch sections.
3. Heat oil. Add ginger and scallion; brown lightly and discard. Add fish and brown lightly, then remove from pan.
4. Line a heavy pan with foil for smoking fish and sprinkle with brown sugar . Smoke fish 5 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and slowly open foil wrapping. Let smoke escape gradually. Then turn fish slices over and repeat smoking process. (If sugar is burned, remove it, and add 1 tablespoon fresh brown sugar.)