Peppers Stuffed With Fish
|Green peppers||2 Large|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked fish||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Dry crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), buttered|
1. Cut large peppers in half lengthwise, or cut a slice from stem ends of small ones. Remove seeds. Boil in salted water until almost tender; drain.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
3. Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and celery leaves and saute until tender. Blend in the flour, add the milk and cook, stirring, until thickened.
4. Add the fish and rice and season to taste with salt and Tabasco. Pile the mixture into peppers and sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
5. Arrange the peppers in a shallow baking dish, adding water barely to cover the bottom of the dish. Bake until the crumbs are brown, about twenty minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.9%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.2 mg45.1%
Sodium 1306.6 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.7%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 63.9% Vitamin C 554.1%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 45.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet