Halibut Steaks With Cornbread Topping
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||4 Ounce (Half 8 Ounce Can)|
|Corn bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Coarse)|
|Fruited granola||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Halibut steaks||12 Ounce (2 Steaks, 6 Ounce Each, 1 Inch Thick)|
|Pineapple slice||1 , halved crosswise|
1. Place bacon on a microwave rack in a round, 8-inch baking dish. Cover with white paper towels. Microwave at 100% (high) 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in dish. Crumble bacon; set aside.
2. Remove microwave rack from baking dish. Add green onions to reserved bacon drippings in dish; microwave at 100% (high) 2 minutes or until tender.
3. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Stir bacon, crushed pineapple, corn-bread crumbs, granola and thyme into onion mixture. Add reserved pineapple juice; stir until moistened. Remove corn-bread mixture; set aside.
4. Place halibut steaks in same baking dish, arranging thickest portions toward outside of dish. Top each steak with a mound of corn-bread mixture. Cover with vented plastic wrap.
5. Microwave at 100% (high) 5 to 6 minutes or until center of fish is beginning to flake when tested with a fork. Give dish a half turn after 2-1/2 minutes.
6. Top each corn-bread mound with a half slice of pineapple. Microwave, uncovered, at 100% (high) 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.