Fillings should be arranged over 1/2 the cooked omelet before folding it.
* Bacon Omlet: Crumble 6 slices crisp, cooked bacon.
* Cheese Omelet: Sprinkle 1/3 cup grated cheese over omelet as it cooks.
* Chicken-Curry Omelet: Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, and saute 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
Add 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken, and heat through; add salt and curry powder to taste.
* Herb Omelet: Add 1/8 teaspoon each fresh chopped thyme or sage and marjoram or savory and 1 teaspoon minced parsley to egg mixture before cooking.
* Mushroom Omelet: Scatter 1/2 cup sauteed sliced mushrooms on omelet as it cooks.
* Jelly Omelet: Omit pepper from egg mixture; spread omelet with jelly before folding.