|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed candied fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, add in sugar and cornstarch. Slowly add in the milk.
2) Stir till the mixture smoothens. Add in the butter next.
3) Cook the mixture over medium flame. Stir the mixture till it has thickened and comes to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
4) Take the pan off the falem.
5) In a medium bowl, add in the egg yolks beating slightly. Slowly pour in a little of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks.
6) Add the egg yolk mixture into the pan. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly.
7) When the mixture just begins to boil, take the pan off the heat.
8) Add in the vanilla.
9) Strain the custard into the serving bowl immediately.
10) Cover and allow to chill.
11) Before serving, add in the mixed candied fruits into the cream filling. Give it a good stir and chill further.