Date Cream Filling
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a large pan, mix the milk and dates. Place the pan over a larger bowl of boiling water to form a double boiler set up. Heat.
2) In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and beaten egg. Blend to get a smooth mixture.
3) Pour the egg mixture slowly into the milk and dates mixture.
4) While stirring continously, cook till the mixture starts to thicken.
5) Let the mixture cool down.
6) Gently stir in the nuts and vanilla extract.
7) Spread the Date Cream Filling between the layers of Fudge Cake.