Royal Cherry Filling
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), scalded|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped and drained|
|Chopped toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 5 Ounce Can)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In 1-cup measure place together, sugar, flour and salt.
2) Beat the sugar mixture together until we mixed.
3) In small bowl, beat the egg yolks slightly with fork
4) Whisk in about 1/2 cup scalded milk, gradually add back into remaining scalded milk in saucepan.
5) Stir in the sugar mixture .
6) Place the saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute, remove from heat.
7) Add the cherries, butter or margarine, vanilla and almond extract.
8) Allow to cool completely.
9) Use as desired, as filling for cakes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1376 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.7%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 468.6 mg156.2%
Sodium 651.3 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 134.3 g
Protein 28 g56.4%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 51.9% Iron 27.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet