Royal Cherry Filling
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), scalded|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped and drained|
|Chopped toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 5 Ounce Can)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In 1-cup measure place together, sugar, flour and salt.
2) Beat the sugar mixture together until we mixed.
3) In small bowl, beat the egg yolks slightly with fork
4) Whisk in about 1/2 cup scalded milk, gradually add back into remaining scalded milk in saucepan.
5) Stir in the sugar mixture .
6) Place the saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute, remove from heat.
7) Add the cherries, butter or margarine, vanilla and almond extract.
8) Allow to cool completely.
9) Use as desired, as filling for cakes.