Vanilla Cream Filling
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Toasted)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, flour, and salt; gradually stir in milk.
2. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Do not let it brown and turn bitter.
3.Slowly, stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs;
4. Now, add the egg mixture in to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Let it come to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
6. Take away from heat; stir in almonds and vanilla.
7. Transfer into a container, cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
8. Use as required.