Fresh Coconut Filling
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy saucepan ,mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt; gradually stir in milk.
2. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook until mixture thickens and boils.
3. Take away from heat.
4. Slowly, stir in about 1/4th of hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Return the saucepan back to heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, or until thickened.
6. Take away from heat; stir in coconut and vanilla. Let cool to room temperature.
7. Transfer to a container. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
8. Use it as filling for a cake of your choice.