Tangy Lemon Filling
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In an airtight jar, shake the cornstarch and lemon juice together.
2) Alterenately, in a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and lemon juice until thoroughly blended.
3) In a small saucepan, stir the cornstarch mixture, water and honey over a medium heat, until the mixture thickens.
4) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk.
5) Spoon a little hot lemon mixture into the egg yolk, then whisk into the saucepan, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Remove from heat, stir in butter and allow to cool.
7) Use the Tangy Lemon Filling to make Lemon Cake Roll or as required.