Tangy Lemon Filling
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In an airtight jar, shake the cornstarch and lemon juice together.
2) Alterenately, in a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and lemon juice until thoroughly blended.
3) In a small saucepan, stir the cornstarch mixture, water and honey over a medium heat, until the mixture thickens.
4) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk.
5) Spoon a little hot lemon mixture into the egg yolk, then whisk into the saucepan, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Remove from heat, stir in butter and allow to cool.
7) Use the Tangy Lemon Filling to make Lemon Cake Roll or as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.8 mg65.3%
Sodium 15.6 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 63.6 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet