Corn Crepes With Bean Filling
|Unbleached flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pureed|
|Egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Pinto beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Minced fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Broccoli stalks||10 , steamed|
|Shredded low fat monterey jack cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour and turmeric.
2) Whisk in the milk, corn, egg substitute, oil and chives.
3) Let rest for 20 minutes.
4) If the batter is thick, thin it with additional milk to make a cream like consistency.
5) Heat a non- stick pan over medium heat until hot.
6) Put 1/2 teaspoon of butter on the pan,.
7) Add 2 tablespoons of the batter and swirl to coat the bottom completely.
8) Cook until the top surface is dry and the underside is light brown.
9) Flip and cook the underside briefly.
10) Cool on a wire rack.
11) Repeat with the remaining batter.
12) In the food processor, puree the beans, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and mustard until smooth.
13) Divide the mixture equally among the crepes.
14) Place the crepe on the working table.
15) Place 1 portion the filling in the center of the crepe and lay a broccoli stalk on the filling.
16) Roll to enclose the broccoli.
17) Arrange, seam side down, on an ovenproof platter.
18) Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack.
19) Broil for several minutes to warm the crepes and melt the cheese.
20) Sprinkle with the tomatoes and serve hot.
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.1 mg8.4%
Sodium 73.6 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet