Pancake With Pork Shrimp Filling
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Pork||1⁄2 Pound, julienned|
|Raw shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined and diced|
|Water chestnuts||8 , minced|
|Scallions||1 , thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, whisk together flour, eggs and water until smooth.
2) Heat a non-stick pan and lightly oil it.
3) Pour little batter just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
4) Cook over low heat until set, and then turn over a few seconds.
5) Remove on a towel or flat plate.
6) Do the same with rest of the batter, stack and keep.
7) In a skillet heat oil and cook the pork in it for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
8) Add shrimps, water chestnuts and scallions, cook for 4 minutes.
9) Season with soy sauce and salt.
10) Let it cool for 10 minutes.
11) Place a tablespoon of the filling in the centre of each pancake in an oblong.
12) Fold the opposite ends of the pancake and roll up.
13) In a wok, heat the fat to 375°F and fry a few rolls at a time.
14) Drain on the paper napkins.
15) Cut the pancakes in third and serve hot with mustard and duk sauce.