Pancakes With Chicken Filling
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Chicken breast||1 , cut in as narrow strips as possible|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||8 , chopped|
|Bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, whisk together flour, eggs and water until smooth.
2) Heat a non-stick pan and lightly oil it.
3) Pour little batter just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
4) Cook over low heat until set, and then turn over a few seconds.
5) Remove on a towel or flat plate.
6) Do the same with rest of the batter, stack and keep.
7) In a bowl, mix together the cornstarch, salt, sugar, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
8) Leave the chicken to marinate for 10 minutes.
9) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© the scallions, beans sprouts and bamboo shoots for 2 minutes.
10) Season with the remaining soy sauce and remove fron pan.
11) In a wok heat remaining oil, sautÃ© the chicken for 2 minutes.
12) Put the vegetable back in and stir for 2 minutes.
13) Remove and chill for 30 minutes.
14) Place a tablespoon of the filling in the centre of each pancake in an oblong.
15) Fold the opposite ends of the pancake and roll up.
16) In a wok, heat the fat to 375°F and fry a few rolls at a time.
17) Drain on the paper napkins.
18) Cut the pancakes in third and serve hot with mustard and duk sauce.