Cheese Filled Cucumber Slices
|Cucumber||9 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Piece)|
|Shredded swiss cheese/Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped scallions||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh dill/1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1) Cut the ends of the cucumber off.
2) With the tines of a fork, score peel of the cucumber.
3) Cut the cucumber crosswise in half and with a small spoon or a melon bailer, remove the seeds from both the halves and discard them. Set aside.
4) Thoroughly combine together all the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
5) Into the cored section of each cucumber half, spoon half of the cheese mixture.
6) In plastic wrap, wrap each cucumber half and refrigerate till chilled (usually about an hour).
7) Remove the plastic wrap and very carefully slice each stuffed half into 6 equal slices. Serve while still chilled or allow to stand for a bit and serve at room temperature.
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.8 mg5.6%
Sodium 131.5 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 14% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet