Pastry Cream Filling
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||6 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Egg yolks||6 , beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Mix sugar and flour in the top of a double boiler.
2. Beat in egg yolks until blended.
3. Scald milk, then pour it gradually over the sugar-flour-egg mixture, stirring constantly with a fork or wire whisk.
4. Place pan over simmering water in base of boiler, and continue stirring briskly until mixture is thick and smooth. Do not let the mixture boil.
5. Cool, covered; stir occasionally while cooling to prevent a skin forming.
6. When cold, stir in the vanilla.
7. For a luxury filling, fold 1/2 cup whipped heavy cream into the cooled pastry cream. Do not reheat.