Cherry Strudel Filling
|Cherries||8 Cup (128 tbs), drained (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Sour pitted cherries||8 Cup (128 tbs) (Fresh / Canned, Drained)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 450Â°F before baking.
2) Mix together cherries, sugar and lemon peel in a bowl.
3) Onto the 3-inch strip of Strudel, sprinkle almonds and then evenly spread the cherries along the strip to within 2 inches of the ends.
4) Raise the tablecloth on that side and roll the dough around the filling in a jelly-roll fashion.
5) Apply the top of the roll with melted butter and add in bread crumbs.
6) Slice the roll into sections so that they fit comfortably on your baking sheets.
7) Bake the slices for 10 minutes in the middle of a preheated oven and then lower the oven temperature to 400Â°F.
8) Again bake the slices for 20 minutes until the Strudel is crisp and brown.
9) Serve at once.