Date Cream Filling
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) In the top portion of a double boiler, combine milk and dates.
2) In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
3) To the bowl, add the beaten egg, blending until very smooth.
4) To the hot milk in the boiler, add this mix.
5) Cook for a while, stirring until thick and consistent.
6) When the mix cools, stir in nuts and vanilla.
7) Spread between the layers of the cake, as required.