Date Cream Filling
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) In the top portion of a double boiler, combine milk and dates.
2) In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
3) To the bowl, add the beaten egg, blending until very smooth.
4) To the hot milk in the boiler, add this mix.
5) Cook for a while, stirring until thick and consistent.
6) When the mix cools, stir in nuts and vanilla.
7) Spread between the layers of the cake, as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1155 Calories from Fat 472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.6%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.1 mg78%
Sodium 418.2 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.5%
Sugars 121.8 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 42.2% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet