Meatball and Mozzarella Filling
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In medium bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and mix gently with fork, until well blended.
2. Shape into 1-inch meatballs— about 30.
3. In large skillet heat salad oil, sauté adding meatballs until browned on all sides about 5 minutes and drain on paper towels.
4. Spread sauce over unbaked crust and cover with meatballs.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella over all and bake as directed.
6. Use to fill 1 (14-inch) pizza.