Whole Wheat Crepes With Spinach Ricotta Filling
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, cooked and chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 300Â°F and lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
2) In a blender, add in all the ingredients for the crepes batter. Blend the eggs, egg whites, oil, milk and flour on medium to form a smooth batter.
3) Transfer the batter into a bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours.
4) Stir the crepe batter well, heat up a 6-inch skillet, oil well and pour in 2-3 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan. Gently move the skillet around so that the batter is distributed in a thin even layer.
5) Cook the crepe for a minute on only side and remove onto a paper towel. Prepare more crepes and set aside.
6) To make the filling for the crepes, in a bowl beat together the egg and ricotta cheese till soft. Add in spinach, parmesan cheese, parsley, scallions and nutmeg and mix together well.
7) On a board, place the crepe with its cooked side facing up, and spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the centre of the crepe.
8) Roll up the crepe, and place on the baking dish with its seam end facing down. Repeat the same with the other crepes and bake for 15 minutes.
9) Serve the Whole Wheat Crepes with Spinach Ricotta Filling as a main dish, accompanied by tomato sauce.