Fried Choux Pastry Balls Filled with Sweet Ricotta Filling
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
|Milk chocolate||50 Gram|
|Glace cherries||100 Gram|
|Almonds/Hazelnuts||100 Gram, roasted and chopped into bit sizes|
|Icing sugar||50 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Runny honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||100 Gram, roasted, chopped|
1. To make Choux Pastry in a pan of water place fat, melt over a gentle heat and then bring to the boil.
2. Remove from heat stir in flour and return to heat, stirring until mixture forms a ball in the middle of the pan, then remove from heat and let it cool.
3. In a bowl lightly beat eggs and with a wooden spoon beat in a bit of the eggs a little at a time such that all the eggs have been added and are thoroughly mixed.
4. In a deep frying pan or preferably a chip pan, dropping teaspoonfuls at a time fry the choux pastry.
5. On kitchen paper drain the cooked choux balls and split open when cool.
6. To make the ricotta filling in a bowl place ricotta and with a fork mash it so as to remove any lumps.
7. Add the chopped chocolate, cherries and nuts, stir in the icing sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
8. With the rikotta filling fill the cooled choux balls, arrange them on a serving dish and pour the honey over them.
9. Sprinkle the chopped nuts all over the Zeppoli and serve.