Lemon Coconut Filling
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , slightly beaten|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh coconut/Canned flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In small saucepan, combine cornstarch, flour and sugar, mixing well. Gradually add water, stirring until smooth.
2. Over medium heat, bring to boiling, stirring occasionally; boil 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat. Quickly stir some of hot mixture into egg yolk. Return to hot mixture; stir to blend.
4. Return to heat; Cook over low heat 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Mixture will be stiff.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel, butter and coconut.
6. Turn into a small bowl. Refrigerate, with waxed paper placed directly on surface of filling, until chilled and stiff— about 2 hours, or until ready to assemble cake.