Baked Whole Pears with Raisin Nut Filling
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Strained honey||4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Rinse the pears, remove the stem ends and core them.
3) In shallow baking dish, place the pears.
4) Mix rest of the ingredients except honey and water.
5) Stuff the pears with sugar mixture and spoon rest of the mixture around the pears.
6) Add 1 teaspoon honey over each pear.
7) Pour water into the dish, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8) Remove the cover and bake for further 10 minutes or until the pears are soft.
9) Top the pears with the dish sauce and serve warm or chilled.
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 36.2 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet