Old-Fashioned Chocolate Filling
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar/Confectioners' sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Use a double boiler to melt chocolate on top.
2) Add cream and egg to melted chocolate.
3) Gradually combine sugar with the mixture.
4) In a bowl, dissolve corn starch in little cold water.
5) Add the corn starch mixture to the chocolate mixture.
6) Constantly stir the mixture until it gets smooth and thick.
7) Mix in salt and vanilla.
8) Use the icing to spread between cake layers.