All In One Tex Mex Filling
|Ground pork sausage||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Taco seasoning mix||2 1⁄2 Ounce (2 envelopes, 1 1/4 ounces each)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, cut up (1 can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||32 Ounce, drained (2 cans, 16 ounces each)|
|Canned chopped green chilies||8 Ounce, drained (2 cans, 4 ounces each)|
|Shredded lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the sausage and onion in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Cover with vented heavy-duty microwave-safe plastic wrap.
2. Microwave on Full Power for 8 to 9 minutes, stirring twice to break the sausage into small chunks. Pour off the excess fat through the vented area.
3. Combine the taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, kidney beans, chilies and cooked sausage mixture in a 3- to 4-quart microwave-safe bowl, mixing well. Cover the bowl with vented microwave-safe plastic wrap.
4. Microwave on Full Power for 18 to 22 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Let the mixture stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. Divide the filling in half (about 3 cups each). Spoon half of the filling into a serving bowl. Freeze the other half.
Calories 1230 Calories from Fat 646
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.5%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122.2%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 178.4 mg59.5%
Sodium 3959.6 mg165%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.7%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 56 g112.3%
Vitamin A 102.2% Vitamin C 92.9%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 53.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet