Cream Filled Napoleons
|Vanilla pudding and pie filling mix||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Refrigerator crescent dinner rolls||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted 10x confectioners powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Liquid unsweetened chocolate||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
1. Place pudding mix in a medium-size saucepan; beat in the egg yolks and milk. Cook. Pour into a medium-size bowl; chill.
2. While pudding chills, separate crescent-roll dough into 4 rectangles; pinch together at perforations. Place rectangles on a large cookie sheet.
3. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 13 minutes, or until puffed and lightly golden; then remove to wire racks; cool completely. Trim the edges of rectangles to straighten, then cut each into three, 2-inch-wide pieces with a sharp knife; split each piece to make 2 thin layers.
4. Beat cream until stiff in a medium-size bowl; fold into chilled pudding. Spread over 16 of the pastry rectangles; stack in pairs; then top each with a plain rectangle. Place on a wire rack set over waxed paper.
5. Blend 10X sugar and water till smooth in a small bowl; spoon over rectangles to glaze lightly.
6. Snip a small hole in one corner of envelope of chocolate; slowly drizzle chocolate in parallel lines over glaze. Using a wooden pick, draw across lines to pull chocolate into a design of tiny squares. Chill the napoleons until serving time.