|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a small bowl, cover raisins with hot water; let stand 5 minutes.
3. In another bowl, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and salt. Drain raisins and add to butter mixture. Stir until sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Stir in egg and vanilla.
4. Divide mixture among tart shells, rilling them 3/4 full and making sure the raisins are evenly distributed.
5. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until pastry is golden and filling lightly browned and bubbling.
6. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to cake rack to continue to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1456 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.2%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g162.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.5 mg113.5%
Sodium 621.4 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 152.1 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 17% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet