Fillet Of Catfish in Wine
|Golden raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Chablis/Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh sage leaves||4|
1) In a small bowl, place the raisins and add just enough water to cover.
2) Let the raisins stand for about 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
3) With cold water, rinse the fillets and pat dry.
4) In a shallow dish, combine together the sage, flour and pepper. Mix well and dredge the fillets in the mixture to coat well.
5) Use cooking spray to coat a skillet and add the margarine. Place the skillet over moderate heat till the margarine has melted.
6) Add the lemon juice, fillets and the reserved raisins.
7) Cover the skillet, reduce the heat, and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
8) Take the cover off and turn the fillets.
9) Add the sherry, wine and soy sauce to the skillet.
10) Bring the contents to a boil and then reduce the heat. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes or till the wine mixture has thickened slightly.
11) Transfer the fillets and wine mixture carefully to a decorative serving plate. If preferred, garnish with sage leaves. Serve while still piping hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1428 Calories from Fat 550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.1%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 378.6 mg126.2%
Sodium 2070.9 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 133 g265.3%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet