Fried Fillets Of Plaice
|Egg||1 (To Coat)|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
1. Using a knife, fillet the plaice. Wash the fillets and pat dry. Season lightly.
2. Dredge the fillets in egg and raspings.
3. Heat fat in a frying pan to hazing point. Carefully put in fillets, with skin facing up. Shallow fry gently until it turns golden brown for about 2 mins. Turn over and fry second side until brown.
4. Carefully take the fish from pan and keep it on absorbent paper upon a baking tin.
5. To serve take a hot dish and arrange the fish on it. Garnish with a slice of lemon over each fillet.
6. Additionally, serve with tartare sauce if you like.
If there are any remaining raspings should be sieved and returned to storage jar.