Fried Fillets Of Plaice
|Egg||1 (To Coat)|
|Fat||2 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
1. Using a knife, fillet the plaice. Wash the fillets and pat dry. Season lightly.
2. Dredge the fillets in egg and raspings.
3. Heat fat in a frying pan to hazing point. Carefully put in fillets, with skin facing up. Shallow fry gently until it turns golden brown for about 2 mins. Turn over and fry second side until brown.
4. Carefully take the fish from pan and keep it on absorbent paper upon a baking tin.
5. To serve take a hot dish and arrange the fish on it. Garnish with a slice of lemon over each fillet.
6. Additionally, serve with tartare sauce if you like.
If there are any remaining raspings should be sieved and returned to storage jar.
Calories 3015 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.6%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.5 mg106.2%
Sodium 1457.4 mg60.7%
Total Carbohydrates 404 g134.6%
Dietary Fiber 42.3 g169%
Sugars 132.1 g
Protein 138 g275.1%
Vitamin A 105.2% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 298.7% Iron 113.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet