Fried Filets Of Fish
|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (Sole, Halibut, Cod, Haddock)|
|Cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Coat, Sunshine Krispyã‚Â®)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Wash the fish fillets.
2. Pat them dry on a clean kitchen towel or on paper toweling.
3. In a shallow dish, combine egg, milk, salt, pepper and mace.
4. Beat lightly until well blended.
5. Spread the cracker crumbs on a plate.
6. To bread each fish fillet dip first in egg, allowing excess to drip back into the dish.
7. Place in cracker crumbs and coat on both sides, lightly pressing so that the crumbs stick to the fish in an even layer.
8. Shake off the excess.
9. Keep crumbed fillets in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
10. In a deep frying pan, heat oil.
11. When oil is hot and bubbly, slide the fish fillets.
12. Fry for 3-4 minutes, turning once until golden brown.
13. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
14. Serve hot accompanied by lemon and sauce of your choice.
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg55.2%
Sodium 441.1 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet